September 2, 2014
1001 SW 5th Ave #700
Portland, OR 97204
(503) 326-1500
Hours & Information
Map & Directions
Exterior of Eugene Bankruptcy Court location: click for map
405 E 8th Ave #2600
Eugene, OR 97401
(541) 431-4000
Hours & Information
Map & Directions

Electronic Proof of Claim (ePOC)


 Allows you to create, amend, and withdraw a Proof of Claim in any chapter.

 Allows you to file a Rule 3002 Supplement (Notice of Mortgage Payment Change, Notice of Postpetition Fees, Expenses, and Charge, or Response to Notice of Final Cure Payment) whether or not a claim has been filed.

 Produces the Official Bankruptcy Form B10 (Proof of Claim) and permits supporting documents to be attached.

 Electronically files the claim with the court.

 Provides you with the assigned claim number and the final claim form, which may be printed or electronically saved.

 Does not require a login or password.

 Click here if you would like to practice filing in our Test Database (Note: This will not file your claim in a Live case.) Use this TEST case number 13-30024. When you are finished, click the browser X to close the screen, and return to this page to file a claim in the ECF Live database.

 Use ePoc 

Penalty for filing a fraudulent claim: Fine of up to $500,000 or imprisonment for up to 5 years, or both. 11 U.S.C. �� �� 152 and 3571.

 The name and complete address of the creditor must appear on the claim form. If an attorney is filing the claim on behalf of a creditor, the attorney should also enter his/her name and address. The typed name of the person authorized to file the claim acts as signature and is required on the claim form.

 Verify the debtor's name and case number prior to submitting the Proof of Claim. If you have entered the incorrect number, use the "Back" button to return to the first screen to re-enter.

 If you are amending a claim, be sure to check the "Amends" box on the form and choose the claim being amended.

 Required fields are: Creditor name, Item 1 (total claim amount), and Item 8 (check box and signature). The use of commas in dollar amounts is not required.

 File a Proof of Claim (ePOC)

 Proof of Claim Instructions

  Withdraw a Proof of Claim

  File a Rule 3002 Supplement to a Claim

Frequently Asked Questions

  • 1.  Can I file an electronic proof of claim in any case or chapter?

  • 2.  Is a signature required on the proof of claim?

      An electronic signature is required. Type the name of the person authorized to file the claim on behalf of the creditor. This will be treated as the electronic signature. A copy of any power of attorney should be attached to the claim.
  • 3.  Can I include a separate mailing address for payments?

      Yes. Check the box for Payment Address differs from Notice Address below the creditor name and address. Type in the payment address.
  • 4.  Can I get a stamp-filed acknowledgment of the proof of claim?

      Yes. After completing the form, a screen will display with the assigned claim number which is a link to the electronically filed proof of claim you have created and filed. This is your opportunity to print or save the claim. To view the claim after you clear this screen, you will need a PACER account.
  • 5.  I am a creditor’s attorney and will be filing a claim on behalf of my client. How do I record the creditor address and my address as attorney?

      The claims filing screen will display a drop down box to select who is submitting the form. Choose Creditor’s Attorney. On the next screen, add the attorney name and address. The next screen will allow you to select the creditor name and address or add it, if necessary. Both attorney and creditor names will appear on the claim form and on the creditor mailing list.
  • 6.  I filed a claim and my attachments did not properly attach to the claim or I forgot to attach them. How do I get the documents filed?

      File an Amended Claim by completing the claims process again. Check the box in Item 1 of the form to indicate that the claim amends a previously filed claim. The form will display the claim numbers for other claims filed by the listed creditor. Choose the correct claim. Be sure to include your attachments
  • 7.  When will the claim appear on the claims register?

      The claim will appear immediately after submittal.
  • 8.  Will the trustee be served with the proof of claim?

      Yes. The trustee will receive electronic notification of the filed claim.
  • 9.  How do I file an amended claim?

      Complete the claims process again. Check the box in Item 1 of the form to indicate that the claim amends a previously filed claim. The form will display the claim numbers for other claims filed by the listed creditor. Choose the correct claim.
  • 10.  At the time of filing my claim, I do not know the amount that is due. How do I enter an “unknown” amount for the claim?

      In the amount box, enter 00.00 (you must use this configuration). Once you know the amount, you may file an amended claim.
  • 11.  Do I need to attach the B10 official form?

      No. The completion of the online screen will build the B10 form for filing. You will only need to attach any supporting documentation.
  • 12.  I clicked the button for attachments, but I don’t have any. Do I have to start over?

      No. At the screen for adding attachments, choose the File Proof of Claim button without adding any attachments.
  • 13.  I am clicking the Submit Claim button, but I receive an error. What do I do?

      Check your work. Make sure you have:
      [1] entered a complete creditor name and address,
      [2] entered an amount in field #1,
      [3] chosen the correct option for filing supporting documentation,
      [4] chosen a box in #8 and included a name in the Signature line,
      [5] completed the verification code correctly

ePoc Instructions goes here..