- Allows you to create, amend, and withdraw a Proof of Claim in any chapter.
- Allows you to file a Rule 3002 Supplement (Notice of Mortgage Payment Change, Notice of Postpetition Fees, Expenses, and Charge, or Response to Notice of Final Cure Payment) whether or not a claim has been filed.
- Produces the Official Bankruptcy Form B10 (Proof of Claim) and permits supporting documents to be attached.
- Electronically files the claim with the court.
- Provides you with the assigned claim number and the final claim form, which may be printed or electronically saved.
- Does not require a login or password.
Penalty for filing a fraudulent claim: Fine of up to $500,000 or imprisonment for up to 5 years, or both. 11 U.S.C. Sections 152 and 3571.
- The name and complete address of the creditor must appear on the claim form. If an attorney is filing the claim on behalf of a creditor, the attorney should also enter his/her name and address. The typed name of the person authorized to file the claim acts as signature and is required on the claim form.
- Verify the debtor's name and case number prior to submitting the Proof of Claim. If you have entered the incorrect number, use the "Back" button to return to the first screen to re-enter.
- If you are amending a claim, be sure to check the "Amends" box on the form and choose the claim being amended.
- Required fields are: Creditor name, Item 1 (total claim amount), and Item 8 (check box and signature). The use of commas in dollar amounts is not required.
- National Proof of Claim form with instructions (for information only; do not complete the form, as ePOC will create it for you.)
Click here to practice filing in our Train Database. (Note: This will not file your claim in an actual case.) Use case number 14-35575. When you are finished, close the browser tab, and click the link below ("File a Proof of Claim") to file a claim in a real bankruptcy case.
For additional help, please visit our ePOC FAQ page.