Automatic adjustments will be made on April 1, 2022, to dollar amounts stated in various provisions of the Bankruptcy Code, one provision in Title 28, seven Official Bankruptcy Forms which contain adjusted dollar amounts, the Instructions for Individual and Non-Indvidual Debtors, two Director’s Forms which include dollar amounts, and one set of instructions for a Director's Form which includes a dollar amount. The adjustments will apply to cases filed on or after April 1, 2022.
Section 104 of the Code provides that the Judicial Conference make the adjustments, which are calculated at three-year intervals on the basis of the change in the Consumer Price Index for the most recent three-year period ending immediately before the year in which the adjustment is made and rounded to the nearest $25. The Conference has delegated that authority to the Administrative Office. The Official Forms, Director’s Forms, and instructions impacted impacted are:
- Official Form 106C, The Property You Claim as Exempt, Line 3
- Official Form 107, Statement of Financial Affairs for Individuals Filing for Bankruptcy, Line 6
- Official Form 122A-2, Chapter 7 Means Test Calculation, Lines 29 and 40
- Official Form 122C-2, Chapter 13 Calculation of Your Disposable Income, Line 29
- Official Form 201, Voluntary Petition for Non-Individuals Filing for Bankruptcy Line 8
- Official Form 207, Statement of Your Financial Affairs for Non-Individuals Filing for Bankruptcy, Lines 3 and 4
- Official Form 410, Proof of Claim, Line 12
- Director’s Form 2000, Required Lists, Schedules, Statements, and Fees, Pages 2, 3, and 4
- Director’s Form 2830, Chapter 13 Debtor's Certifications Regarding Domestic Support Obligations and Section 522(q), Part III
- Instructions for Individual Debtors, Pages 9 and 24
- Instructions for Non-Individual Debtors, Page 12
- Instructions for Director's From 2500E, Summons to Debtor in Involuntary Case, Page 1
The revised forms have been posted to the Pending Changes in the Bankruptcy Forms page on the U.S. Courts website. Once effective, the revised forms will be available on the Bankruptcy Forms page.