If you receive the error message "Document contains code which may cause external action such as launching an application. PDF document can't be accepted", it means the PDF:
- does not comply with PDF format standards;
- is encrypted or password protected;
- contains scripts which can launch an external application;
- contains internal attachments; or
- contains audio and video content.
If using a fillable PDF, such as one of the court’s Local Bankruptcy Forms, start with a clean form (one that does not have variable data from another filing). When you have completed the LBF, flatten it by printing to PDF, unless it is a motion for relief from the automatic stay filed on LBF #720.80, in which case save the form in Adobe using "Save As" so the respondent can modify the form.
If converting a word processing document to PDF, print to PDF (by selecting print and using Adobe PDF as your printer).
ECF Tips and Tricks