You are here

FAQs: For Attorney

Primary tabs

  • How do I get admitted to practice in the Bankruptcy Court or apply to appear in a case pro hac vice?

    Admission to practice - The Bankruptcy Court does not have its own bar. To practice in the Bankruptcy Court you need to be admitted to the federal bar of the United States District Court for the District of Oregon pursuant to District Court Local Rule 83. Contact the United States District Court at 503-326-8061 OR 503-326-8021 for forms and requirements.

    Appear pro hac vice - An attorney who neither resides nor maintains an office in the District of Oregon can request to participate in a case by submitting an application on a fully completed Local Bankruptcy Form LBF #120. There is no admission fee charged for filing such an application in the Oregon Bankruptcy Court.

    View Details»
  • What is the judgment interest rate?

    On all judgments entered on and after December 21, 2000, interest is calculated from the date of the entry of the judgment at a rate equal to the weekly average 1-year constant maturity Treasury yield, as published by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, for the calendar week preceding the date of the judgment.

    As of July 27, 2017, this information is available at the following Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis website link: The applicable rate is listed under U.S. government securities - Treasury constant maturities - 1-year. The listed rate is applicable to a judgment entered in the week after the week ending on the date in the Period column. Rates for prior weeks can be found by selecting a different Period date at the top of the table. Alternatively, and also as of July 27, 2017, you can find this information by following the instructions in the second Technical Q&A at the following Federal Reserve Board website link: .

    View Details»